DOUBLE-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
30 min Prep
30 min Total
Betty Crocker™'s Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! You can afford your daily chocolate fix with this delicious cookie!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon. Beat in vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Like most low-fat cookies, these chocolate cookies are best eaten within a day or two of baking.