CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA MUFFINS (WHITE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR)
10 min Prep
30 min Total
Don't throw away those bananas that are turning brown and soft. They're perfect for making these muffins moist with lots of banana flavor.
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ white whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat bananas, brown sugar, milk, oil and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt just until flour is moistened. Fold miniature chocolate chips into batter.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan.
- Gold Medal® White Whole Wheat flour can be used in any recipe. It’s the best of both worlds—100% whole grain but with a lighter taste and color. Start substituting 25% or 50% of the all-purpose flour with Gold Medal® White Whole Wheat flour, gradually increasing proportion as desired.
You May Also Like
Homemade Pan Rolls
One whiff of these fragrant rolls, and you'll be counting the moments until you can take...
Lemon Tea Cookies
Homemade lemon cookies with a tangy filling tug at tastebuds to have just one more.
Strawberries and Cream Yogurt Cake
This one-bowl yogurt cake is big on visual appeal but low on fuss. It has a delicious...