CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTERSCOTCH BARS
10 min Prep
35 min Total
The BakerMama bakes some super chewy bars with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of peanut butter and some creamy chocolate in every bite!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large microwavable bowl. Whisk in the peanut butter until smooth. Whisk in the brown sugar then the eggs until well combined. Stir in the flour. Add the butterscotch chips and stir or mix with your hands until evenly distrubted throughout the dough.
- Press dough evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over bars and return to oven for 2 minutes to soften chocolate. Spread melted chocolate chips evenly over bars. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Or place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before cutting into bars.