GOLDEN DELICIOUS APPLE CRISP
15 min Prep
50 min Total
Have apples fresh from the orchard? Make a dessert crisp with a crunchy oat topping.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (6 medium)
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and the cinnamon. Add apples; stir to coat evenly. Pour into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the brown sugar. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- If desired, 2 cans (21 oz each) apple pie filling can be substituted for the fruit mixture.
You May Also Like
Cranberry Crumb Bars
Celebrate the season with cranberry bars! They're super easy to make and can be cut into...
Classic Sugar Cookies
Some things just don't change. Delicate sugar cookies have been favorites for...
Skinny Pumpkin Bread
50% less fat • 29% fewer calories • 50% more fiber than the original recipe. We’ve...