15 min Prep
15 min Total
Use this recipe for Royal Icing to frost your favorite cutout sugar cookies. The icing will set, making cookies stackable!
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, mix powdered sugar, meringue powder and cream of tartar. Add warm water and vanilla. Beat on low speed to blend; beat on high speed 6 to 8 minutes or until very stiff. Cover bowl with plastic wrap to keep icing from drying.
- Use as desired to decorate cookies.
- Meringue powder can be found in craft stores with the cake decorating supplies. Meringue powder is a mixture of pasteurized egg whites, sugar and gums. It makes the icing set up quickly with a hard finish.
- An easy way to apply the royal icing is to use a disposable decorating bag, which makes for easy cleanup!
- Use gel food colors as desired to tint the icing.
You May Also Like
Kentucky Pecan Pie (lighter recipe)
Don’t say no to dessert just yet! This lighter pecan pie has the same great Kentucky...
Looking for a homemade dessert using Gold Medal® flour? Then check out these cinnamon...