20 min Prep
50 min Total
The perfect recipe for an abundant apple season. After one taste, you’ll want to make it again and again.
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- Rise to the occasion! Self-rising flour can be used in this recipe.
- If blueberry crisp is your cup of tea, simply use 4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries for the apples.
You May Also Like
Whole Wheat-Banana Bread
Looking for a mouth-watering banana bread made using Gold Medal® whole wheat flour? Then...