BEER BATTERED GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
20 min Prep
25 min Total
Melty cheese, smoky bacon and beer-battered bread make this grilled cheese the ultimate comfort food.
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 4 slices rustic white bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- If you need to serve a crowd, this recipe can be doubled or tripled. Prepare all of the sandwiches first and then dip in the beer batter and cook them all at once on a griddle.
You May Also Like
Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake
Upside-down cake gets a spicy, sweet makeover with fresh sliced apples and buttery...
Chocolate is tasty, but even chocoholics will agree that these vanilla brownies are...
Slow-Cooker Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
It’s magic! A rich hot fudge sauce forms while the cake bakes. Yum!