CHOCOLATE CHIP-OATMEAL SHORTBREAD COOKIES
1 hr 5 min Prep
1 hr 20 min Total
Just seven ingredients mix and bake up for a melt-in-your-mouth cookie jar favorite.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 bag (12 oz) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda, vanilla and oats. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Laurie De Hamer from Granville, IA created this recipe for a Celebrate the Season Holiday Cookie Contest.
- "Mom De Hamer used to make these at Christmas, along with tins of many other kinds of cookies, but these were the first to go." Laurie De Hamer
You May Also Like
Here's another baking classic that belongs in everyone's recipe box. A clove-scented...
Bring back memories of Grandma's kitchen with this traditional custard pie in a homemade...
Banana Cream Pie-in-a-Bowl
Love banana cream pie? Then you’ll love this bowl version; it’s easier than pie!