COOL PISTACHIO DESSERT
25 min Prep
2 hr 25 min Total
Just what you ordered! A cool do-ahead dessert that serves a crowd, too!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chocolate-flavor syrup
- Chopped pistachio nuts, if desired
Filling and Topping
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan. In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat butter and water to rolling boil. Stir in flour; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs all at once; continue beating until smooth. Spread dough in pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. (Crust will be puffy and uneven.)
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Add remaining milk and the pudding mix (dry). Beat about 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened; immediately spread over crust. Spread with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate uncovered at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with nuts. For servings, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
- Looking for another great flavor combo? Use banana cream pudding and pie filling mix for the pistachio. Add sliced bananas just before serving. Mmm!
- Toast the pistachio nuts for richer flavor. Bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350°F oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Or cook in ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter Blossoms (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Watch for smiles and plenty of hugs when you pass a tray of favorite chocolate and peanut...
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter--nature's best flavor combo-come together in this classic...
Chocolate Chip M&Ms™ Christmas Cookies
Make festive chocolate chip cookies for the holidays by adding popular red and green...