CRANBERRY-ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
1 hr 35 min Prep
1 hr 45 min Total
These cookies make the perfect holiday hostess gift when wrapped up in pretty packaging!
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 to 8 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar until coated; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and 2 teaspoons of the almond extract; beat until well blended.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Using spoon, stir flour mixture into butter mixture in two additions. Stir in 1 cup of the cranberries.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls (dough will be soft and sticky). Place balls on cookie sheets, and press each to flatten into 1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges just become brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 5 teaspoons of the milk. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, stirring until thin enough to spread.
- Spread or drizzle icing on cookies; top with remaining cranberries.
- Store leftover cookies in plastic resealable container up to 3 days.
You May Also Like
Yellow Butter Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
A simple and delicious scratch recipe for an all-time classic cake and frosting combo.
Skinny Carrot Cake
53% fewer calories • 77% less sat fat • 73% less fat than the original recipe. Wonderful...