FOOLPROOF TURKEY GRAVY
5 min Prep
10 min Total
Add this recipe to your collection, and you won’t need to worry when it’s your turn to host a turkey-and-gravy dinner!
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups liquid (juices from roasted turkey, broth, water)
- Browning sauce, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan. Return 1/4 cup drippings to roasting pan. (Measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.) Stir in flour. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce. Stir in salt and pepper.
- For added flavor, use vegetable cooking water, tomato, vegetable juice or wine as part of the liquid.
- The trick to smooth, creamy gravy is to use a wire whisk when adding the flour to the drippings. Beat the drippings rapidly with the whisk while adding the flour, and you won't get lumps.
You May Also Like
All the great cinnamon flavors of snickerdoodle cookies are captured in these wonderful...