FOOLPROOF TURKEY GRAVY
5 min Prep
10 min Total
Add this recipe to your collection, and you won’t need to worry when it’s your turn to host a turkey-and-gravy dinner!
- 1/4 cup turkey drippings (fat and juices from roasted turkey)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups liquid (juices from roasted turkey, broth, water)
- Browning sauce, if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings from roasting pan into bowl, leaving brown particles in pan. Return 1/4 cup drippings to roasting pan. (Measure accurately because too little fat makes gravy lumpy.) Stir in flour. (Measure accurately so gravy is not greasy.)
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce. Stir in salt and pepper.
- For added flavor, use vegetable cooking water, tomato, vegetable juice or wine as part of the liquid.
- The trick to smooth, creamy gravy is to use a wire whisk when adding the flour to the drippings. Beat the drippings rapidly with the whisk while adding the flour, and you won't get lumps.
You May Also Like
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fill your cookie jar with a classic drop cookie that's doubly satisfying. Chocolate...
Chocolate-Banana Snack Cake
Munch on a snack cake that needs no frosting! Chocolate chips bake on top of a moist...
Baked Mouth-Watering Barbecued Chicken
The name says it all. The sweet-and-tangy sauce coating these tender chicken pieces will...