FRENCH CINNAMON MUFFINS
15 min Prep
35 min Total
Melt-in-your-mouth sugar and cinnamon muffins get dipped in more cinnamon and sugar—yum!
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease bottom only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or cooking spray, or line with paper baking cups. In large bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In small bowl, mix milk, 1/3 cup melted butter and the egg until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Remove muffins from muffin cups. Dip tops of warm muffins into 1/4 cup melted butter; dip into sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm.
- Use a spring-handled #20 or #24 ice cream scoop to fill regular-size muffin cups 3/4 full with batter—just the right amount to give muffins nicely rounded tops.
You May Also Like
Cranberry-Orange Quick Bread
Liven up traditional quick bread with zesty cranberries and orange peel. It looks and...
It’s divine! Seafood smothered in creamed sauce and layered with a favorite pasta makes...
Double-Chocolate and Caramel Bars (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Indulge in rich bars that combine favorite caramel and chocolate flavors.