60 min Prep
3 hr 0 min Total
Looking for a distinctive German dessert? Then check out these delicious cookies made with molasses – a tasty treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon anise oil, if desired
- Powdered sugar
- In large bowl, combine sugar, butter, buttermilk and molasses; beat well. Add flour and all remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix until well blended. Cover dough with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350°F. On floured surface, shape dough into 4 long rolls, 15 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. With serrated knife, cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place 1/4 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F. for 8 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 5 minutes or until completely cooled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
You May Also Like
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Share this kitchen-tested recipe from the Betty Crocker™ Kitchens with someone you love.
Gold Medal™ Classic French Bread
Here's the best for tested and trusted French bread you can make easily at home.
Double-Chocolate and Caramel Bars (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Indulge in rich bars that combine favorite caramel and chocolate flavors.