LEMON-BUTTER POUND CAKE BARS
15 min Prep
2 hr 10 min Total
Whip up a pan of delicious lemon bars in a saucepan. No mixer is needed.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining bar ingredients in order listed, mixing well after each addition. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- While bars are cooling, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
- You'll need two medium lemons to get enough juice and peel.