MERRY BERRY COBBLER
25 min Prep
55 min Total
Make merry with a triple berry warm and cozy cobbler.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 2-quart casserole with shortening. In 4-quart Dutch oven, mix granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add berries and lemon juice; toss until evenly coated. Heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 5 minutes (7 to 10 minutes for frozen berries), stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Spoon into casserole.
- In large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in enough hot water until mixture forms a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto berry mixture.
- Bake cobbler 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- Tuck a few fresh berries into serving bowls for a flavorful and colorful garnish.
- Sprinkle decorating sugar crystals over the cobbler dough just before baking.
You May Also Like
PB&J Doughnut Cake
Doughnut lovers will go nuts for this PB&J skillet cake! The doughnut-flavored cake has...
Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bake up extraordinary chocolate chip cookies in no time. They're a cookie-jar favorite!
Chocolate Peanut Butterscotch Bars
The BakerMama bakes some super chewy bars with a rich butterscotch flavor, a hint of...