OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
10 min Prep
1 hr 35 min Total
Oatmeal, chocolate chips and nuts come together in these hearty bars made using Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour – a delicious dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, vanilla and eggs. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
You May Also Like
Quiche Lorraine has a savory custard and is usually flavored with bacon and Swiss or...
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Treat your guests with these tasty vanilla bean cupcakes - a perfect baked dessert.
Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
These frosted spice gems are a perfect pick-me-up after a hard day at school or work.