OATMEAL-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 hr 5 min Prep
1 hr 5 min Total
Fill your cookie jar with a classic drop cookie that's doubly satisfying. Chocolate lovers will love the chips, and whole-grain seekers will appreciate the natural oats.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it becomes too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- Cookie dough can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 9 months. Thaw just until soft enough to handle.
You May Also Like
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Add a twist to pumpkin pie by using orange peel, skim milk and eggs whites instead of...
Ultimate Mac and Cheese
Searching for the cheesiest mac 'n' cheese? Try our rich and creamy take with 4 real...