PEACHES AND CREAM SHORTCAKES
40 min Prep
60 min Total
A perfect summertime dessert: tender, buttery shortcake biscuits, juicy peaches and sweetened whipped cream.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 4 cups peeled sliced fresh peaches (4 to 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and egg just until blended. (Do not overmix.)
- Using 1/3-cup measuring cup, drop dough to form 8 shortcakes about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops of shortcakes with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool completely.
- When ready to serve: In large bowl, mix peaches, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon until well coated. In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on medium-high speed until slightly thickened. Reduce speed; beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Increase speed; beat mixture until stiff peaks form. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Spoon filling and sweetened whipped cream between halves; replace tops. Top with additional filling and sweetened whipped cream.
- Spray measuring cup with cooking spray to prevent dough from sticking when dropping on cookie sheet.
- To easily peel fresh peaches, blanch them in boiling water about 15 seconds. Remove from water with a slotted spoon, and they’ll be super easy to peel with a paring knife.
You May Also Like
Divine Yogurt Cheesecake
The honey vanilla yogurt adds to the creamy texture of this irresistible cheesecake.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
A little apple butter stirred into the filling of this pumpkin pie is the secret...
Invite family to the dinner table with the spicy aroma and delicious flavor of sweet...