PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS (COOKIE EXCHANGE QUANTITY)
1 hr 25 min Prep
1 hr 25 min Total
Watch for smiles and plenty of hugs when you pass a tray of favorite chocolate and peanut butter cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
- About 7 dozen Hershey's® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Blossoms: Increase chocolate candies to 8 1/2 dozen. Melt 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips; beat in with eggs. After shaping dough into balls, roll in chocolate decorating decors (you’ll need four 1.75-ounce bottles). Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Makes 8 1/2 dozen cookies.
- To melt chocolate chips for the cookie variation, microwave in a microwavable bowl uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 20 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- The chocolate decors for the cookie variation will stick when the consistency of the dough is moist; if dough appears dry, lightly roll balls between hands to press sprinkles in.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cookie sheets should be at least 2 inches smaller than the inside of your oven to allow the heat to circulate around the cookie sheets.
You May Also Like
Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
Sugar and spice and everything nice! Bake a sweet loaf with blueberries and oats too.
Skillet Chicken with Roasted Garlic and Mushroom Gravy
Roasted garlic and sautéed mushrooms, with a little help from Progresso™ chicken broth,...
French Cinnamon Muffins
Melt-in-your-mouth sugar and cinnamon muffins get dipped in more cinnamon and sugar—yum!