PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS (COOKIE EXCHANGE QUANTITY)
1 hr 25 min Prep
1 hr 25 min Total
Watch for smiles and plenty of hugs when you pass a tray of favorite chocolate and peanut butter cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar (about 2 tablespoons)
- About 7 dozen Hershey's® Kisses® Brand milk chocolates
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Blossoms: Increase chocolate candies to 8 1/2 dozen. Melt 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips; beat in with eggs. After shaping dough into balls, roll in chocolate decorating decors (you’ll need four 1.75-ounce bottles). Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Makes 8 1/2 dozen cookies.
- To melt chocolate chips for the cookie variation, microwave in a microwavable bowl uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 20 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- The chocolate decors for the cookie variation will stick when the consistency of the dough is moist; if dough appears dry, lightly roll balls between hands to press sprinkles in.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cookie sheets should be at least 2 inches smaller than the inside of your oven to allow the heat to circulate around the cookie sheets.