15 min Prep
3 hr 25 min Total
Fragrant with cinnamon and chopped nuts, this pumpkin bread is a classic.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, or 1 loaf pan 9x5x3 inches, with shortening.
- Stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- Greasing just the bottoms of the pans helps form a gently rounded top. If the sides are greased, edges of the loaf may have ridges.
- Go ahead and leave the raisins out if you don't like them. The bread will still be delicious!
You May Also Like
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Treat your guests with these tasty vanilla bean cupcakes - a perfect baked dessert.
Chewy Gingerdoodle Cookies
Perfect cookie for the holiday season (or any season!), these chewy gingerdoodle cookies...