20 min Prep
8 hr 45 min Total
Extraordinary cheesecake? Make one with a scrumptious blend of sweet brown sugar, aromatic spice and homey pumpkin.
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, if desired
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan with shortening. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips. In small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the melted butter. Press crumb mixture in bottom of pan. Wrap foil around outside of pan to prevent drips. Bake crust 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, brandy and pumpkin together until well blended; set aside. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in brown sugar and 2/3 cup granulated sugar until smooth. On low speed, beat in 1 egg at a time just until blended. Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Carefully remove side of pan before cutting cheesecake. Store covered in refrigerator.
- To help prevent cracks in the cheesecake, don't overbeat the cream cheese mixture once the eggs are added.
- Serve with whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice.
You May Also Like
Cornmeal muffins have a slight sweet taste that's enhanced with whole kernel corn....
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Enjoy this wonderful homemade pumpkin and chocolate bread made with Gold Medal®...