PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
25 min Prep
4 hr 10 min Total
Enjoy this wonderful homemade pumpkin and chocolate bread made with Gold Medal® all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk or whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix butter, granulated sugar, eggs and pumpkin with wire whisk. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Spread in pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over loaf. Let glaze set up before slicing, about 30 minutes.
- For a different flavor, try sweetened dried cranberries instead of chocolate chips.
- Instead of the glaze, sprinkle some brown sugar and additional chopped walnuts on top of the bread before baking.
You May Also Like
Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies (White Whole Wheat Flour)
Either quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats can be used for this recipe; the old-fashioned...
Skinny Pumpkin Pie
53% less fat • 80% less sat fat • 24% fewer calories than the original recipe. The real...