15 min Prep
40 min Total
Brighten breakfast—or mid-afternoon, for that matter—with these pumpkin muffins filled with dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Ginger and cinnamon add delicious warmth and depth.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Coarse sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Stir in pumpkin, oil, eggs, cranberries and pecans just until moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle coarse sugar evenly over batter in each cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Serve warm.
- Try these muffins with dried cherries instead of cranberries.
- Take care not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in tough muffins with peaked tops and tunnels inside.
You May Also Like
Blackberry Coffee Cake
Have you ever picked sun-ripened plump blackberries? You've just picked a great coffee...
Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
Get ready for cake that’s a chocolate powerhouse and discover why it's called the best!