RICH PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
40 min Prep
40 min Total
Peanut butter chips are the secret flavor boost in these otherwise traditional cookies.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip tops of balls into granulated sugar. Place balls, sugared sides up, about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (do not flatten).
- Bake cookies 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Make room in your recipe box for this twist on a classic peanut butter cookie! It’s quick to make and has twice the peanut buttery goodness, thanks to the addition of peanut butter chips. In 40 minutes, you can have a rave-worthy cookie perfect for a bake sale, potluck or a special after-school snack. This recipe skips the step of imprinting a criss-cross pattern with the back of a fork, so all you have to do is shape cookies into balls and roll in sugar before baking. In fact, these cookies can go even faster, if you use a spring-handled cookie scoop to help you shape the dough. Though it may seem like a luxury item, the cookie scoop is actually the busy baker’s best friend, as it’s a quick way to ensure all cookies are the same size so they bake evenly. An ice cream scoop can also work. Betty’s got more tips about baking perfect peanut butter cookies, plus plenty more kitchen-tested peanut butter cookie recipes.