SALTED BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING PRETZEL COOKIES
25 min Prep
1 hr 30 min Total
This incredible sweet-and-salty cookie from our kitchens combines butterscotch pudding, chocolate chips and pretzels for a brilliant new treat you won’t soon forget.
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 box (4-serving size) butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy; scrape side of bowl. Beat in dry pudding mix. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until smooth. Stir in vanilla. On low speed, beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended. Stir in crushed pretzels, chocolate chips and toffee bits until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with coarse salt.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
- For success in this recipe, pudding mix is not prepared but added dry to the butter-sugar mixture.
- For even baking, make sure cookies are the same shape and size.
You May Also Like
Raspberry Poinsettia Blossoms
Bring festive color to your dessert table with beautiful cookies the resemble poinsettia...
Whole Wheat-Blueberry Muffins
Whole wheat flour, a touch of honey and frozen organic blueberries star in classic...
Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
Make homemade frosting with just a few ingredients and in just a few minutes.