SLOW-COOKER HOT FUDGE SUNDAE CAKE
15 min Prep
3 hr 25 min Total
It’s magic! A rich hot fudge sauce forms while the cake bakes. Yum!
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving. Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top. Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- Cooling the dessert in the slow cooker gives the sauce time to thicken so it’s rich and fudgy.
- Top off this chocolate lover’s treat with what else but a scoop of ice cream and a long-stemmed cherry!
You May Also Like
Sweet bits of dried apricots balance the hearty texture of oats in mouth-watering muffins.
Chocolate-Filled Russian Tea Cakes
Chocolate stars are the sweet surprise inside tender, bite-sized cookies coated with...