SNICKERDOODLES (LIGHTER RECIPE)
40 min Prep
50 min Total
Make a lighter snickerdoodle so you can enjoy more of the rich cinnamon-sugar taste you love.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 package (8-ounce size) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel) , softened
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the margarine, cream cheese and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of drinking glass.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Long ago, little cookies that could be made quickly were given the nonsense name Snickerdoodles.
- Rise to the occasion! If using self-rising flour, there is no need to add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- For a fun flavor change to these sweet little gems, use apple pie spice instead of cinnamon.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter-Raisin Bran Cookies
Stir in a little whole-grain goodness when you add raisin-bran cereal to homemade cookies.
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
Treat your guests with these tasty vanilla bean cupcakes - a perfect baked dessert.