40 min Prep
50 min Total
They may have an unusual name, but these rich cinnamon-sugar cookies are great for the holidays or anytime you want a tasty cinnamon treat.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- Rise to the occasion! If using self-rising flour, there is no need to add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- These rich cinnamon-sugar cookies make a great gift! Place a bag of them in a small basket along with packets of cappuccino or hot chocolate mix.
You May Also Like
Sour Cream-Cranberry Bars
You’ll find yourself reaching for just one more of these golden, rich, cranberry-filled...
Looking for a homemade dessert using Gold Medal® flour? Then check out these cinnamon...