40 min Prep
50 min Total
They may have an unusual name, but these rich cinnamon-sugar cookies are great for the holidays or anytime you want a tasty cinnamon treat.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- Rise to the occasion! If using self-rising flour, there is no need to add cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- These rich cinnamon-sugar cookies make a great gift! Place a bag of them in a small basket along with packets of cappuccino or hot chocolate mix.
You May Also Like
Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Chocolate lovers—this cake is for you! Dark chocolate cake pairs with white chocolate...
Decadent Pecan Pie
Make this traditional holiday pie anytime with this easy recipe. It’s sweet, crunchy...
Crispy Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken (Makeover)
From Betty's Soul Food Collection... The secret’s revealed! You can have oven-fried...