STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM YOGURT CAKE
15 min Prep
1 hr 25 min Total
This one-bowl yogurt cake is big on visual appeal but low on fuss. It has a delicious berry flavor, thanks to fresh strawberries and strawberry jam, and is super-moist, thanks to the yogurt stirred into the batter.
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait® Original strawberry yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 1/4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together yogurt, 1 1/2 cups of the granulated sugar, the melted butter and vanilla until well combined. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat with rubber spatula or wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly. Stir strawberry jam until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls on top of batter. Sprinkle with strawberries and remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate this cake during humid weather or in humid climates. If stored at room temperature, this very moist cake may form mold.
You May Also Like
Lemon Lavender Poppy Seed Scones
Recipe by Maegan Brown from The BakerMama Bright lemon, light lavender and crunchy poppy...