SUNBURST LEMON BARS
15 min Prep
2 hr 0 min Total
Bake these lemony crowd-pleasers for your next gathering--even the simple glaze has a pleasing burst of citrus flavor.
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat base ingredients on low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl with wire whisk, lightly beat eggs. Beat in remaining filling ingredients except lemon juice until well blended. Beat in 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Remove partially baked base from oven. Pour filling evenly over warm base.
- Return to oven; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until top is light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency until smooth. Spread glaze over cooled bars. Cut into bars.
- One lemon yields about three tablespoons of juice, so buy two lemons to squeeze for this recipe.
You May Also Like
Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Citrus, cinnamon and chocolate come together in these fluffy homemade sweet rolls that...
Blonde Brownies with Brown Sugar Frosting
Rich brown sugar frosting slathered on rich vanilla bars - yum.
Looking for a distinctive German dessert? Then check out these delicious cookies made...