Tahini-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tahini-Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 20 Minutes Prep4 Hours 15 Minutes Total
  • 26 Servings
  • 160 Calories per Serving
Chocolate chip cookies get an upgrade with dark chocolate chips and a surprise ingredient—tahini! These crisp-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside cookies are sure to be a favorite.

Ingredient List

  • 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup tahini, well stirred
  • 1 egg
  • 1 bag (10 oz) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups)


  1. In small bowl, mix flour and baking soda; set aside.
  2. In large bowl, beat softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in tahini until well blended. Beat in egg until smooth. On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
  3. Heat oven to 375°F. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are just set and starting to brown. Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container at room temperature.


  • Tahini is a thick paste made from ground sesame seed and can be purchased roasted or raw. With either type, be sure to stir tahini well for best results when using.
  • Want even more decadence? Try replacing chocolate chips with 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate chunks.
  • Use a cookie scoop to make portioning cookie dough even faster and more consistent.

Nutrition Information

Daily Values (Amount per serving)

Total Fat 10g 15%, Saturated Fat 5g 25%, Cholesterol 15mg 6%, Sodium 50mg 2%, Potassium 90mg 3%, Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%, Dietary Fiber 1g 5%, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin E 0%, Thiamin 6%, Riboflavin 4%, Niacin 2%, Vitamin B6 0%, Folic Acid 2%, Vitamin B12 0%, Pantothenic Acid 0%, Phosphorus 6%, Magnesium 6%, Zinc 4%, Selenium 6%, Copper 10%, Manganese 10%

Other Nutrients (Amount per serving)

Calories 160, Calories from Fat 90, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g, Protein 2g, Beta-Carotene 0%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 1, Starch 1/2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 1/2, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 0, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 0oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 1tsp