THE ULTIMATE BROWNIE
20 min Prep
1 hr 35 min Total
This is Betty’s all-time favorite homemade brownie!
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 5 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, beat sugar, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on high speed 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture on low speed. Beat in flour just until blended. Stir in walnuts. Spread in pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack. For brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- To keep the edges moist and chewy, watch carefully to be sure you don’t overbake the brownies.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- To ensure recipe success, do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
You May Also Like
Caramel Apple Bars
Do you have extra apples but don’t feel like making a pie? Try this easy-to-make bar...
Blonde Brownies with Brown Sugar Frosting
Rich brown sugar frosting slathered on rich vanilla bars - yum.
Skinny Pumpkin Bread
50% less fat • 29% fewer calories • 50% more fiber than the original recipe. We’ve...