ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
45 min Prep
45 min Total
Just like the name says, this is the chocolate chip cookie extraordinaire!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- To ensure recipe success if using a vegetable oil spread, use a spread with at least 65% vegetable oil.
- You can form these cookies more quickly if you use a #16 cookie/ice-cream scoop. Level off the dough on the edge of the bowl for perfectly round cookies.
- If you didn’t think these cookies could get any better, try them with 1/2 cup each of semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips instead of the 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Incredibly, even more incredible!
You May Also Like
Bread Machine Crusty Sourdough Bread
We've unraveled the closely guarded secret to great sourdough bread and made it "bread...
Chocolate Easter Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Irresistibly delicious and cute chocolate Easter cupcakes to wow your guests!
Soft Molasses Cookies
Mmm! Bite into classic soft, melt-in-your-mouth molasses cookies for a yummy bit of...