ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
15 min Prep
1 hr 30 min Total
Just like the name says, this is the chocolate chip cookie extraordinaire!
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
- You can form these cookies more quickly if you use a #16 cookie/ice-cream scoop. Level off the dough on the edge of the bowl for perfectly round cookies.
- If you didn’t think these cookies could get any better, try them with 1/2 cup each of semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips instead of the 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Incredibly, even more incredible!
- Kitchen Tested: 5/2019
You May Also Like
These delightful cookies can be made in various colors for any holiday or occasion -...
Chocolate Pecan Pie
When you just need to indulge, pick pie, pecans and chocolate. You won't be disappointed!
Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
Chocolate lovers—this cake is for you! Dark chocolate cake pairs with white chocolate...