APPLE PUDDING CAKE WITH CINNAMON-BUTTER SAUCE
15 min Prep
50 min Total
Drape homemade caramel sauce over sweet pieces of cake featuring juicy bits of apple.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped peeled or unpeeled cooking apples (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- In large bowl, mix brown sugar and softened butter with spoon until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg and salt. Stir in apples. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat sauce ingredients over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and sauce is hot. Serve warm sauce over warm cake.
- You can bake the cake and make the sauce a day ahead and store them separately (refrigerate sauce). Warm the sauce in a saucepan over low heat, and heat individual pieces of cake uncovered in the microwave on High for 25 to 35 seconds or until warm.
- Braeburn, Cortland, Granny Smith or Rome apples are all good choices for this pudding cake.
You May Also Like
Classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate come together in these great cookies made with Gold Medal®...
Cashew Butter Blondies
These blondie bars combine cashew butter, dark chocolate and roasted cashews for a...
Lattice Peach-Apple Pie
What a great combination! Get the best of two fruits, tart apples and sweet peaches,...