BACON, ASPARAGUS AND SMOKED GOUDA EGG BAKE
40 min Prep
1 hr 20 min Total
Perfect for a holiday brunch, this baked egg dish has asparagus, bacon and yummy Gouda cheese!
- 1 lb thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, flour, milk, sour cream and crushed red pepper with whisk until blended. Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, green onions, three-fourths of the bacon and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set in center; top with remaining bacon and cheese during last 5 minutes of bake time.
- You can use other vegetables, such as small broccoli florets, green bell pepper, chopped tomatoes or sliced mushrooms.
- You can prepare the egg dish up to a day ahead; stir in bacon before baking. Add about 5 minutes to the bake time.
You May Also Like
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Perfectly soft and sweet sugar cookies with a rich chocolate twist…chocolate lovers...