BACON, ASPARAGUS AND SMOKED GOUDA EGG BAKE
40 min Prep
1 hr 20 min Total
Perfect for a holiday brunch, this baked egg dish has asparagus, bacon and yummy Gouda cheese!
- 1 lb thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda or Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, flour, milk, sour cream and crushed red pepper with whisk until blended. Stir in asparagus, bell pepper, green onions, three-fourths of the bacon and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is set in center; top with remaining bacon and cheese during last 5 minutes of bake time.
- You can use other vegetables, such as small broccoli florets, green bell pepper, chopped tomatoes or sliced mushrooms.
- You can prepare the egg dish up to a day ahead; stir in bacon before baking. Add about 5 minutes to the bake time.
You May Also Like
All the great cinnamon flavors of snickerdoodle cookies are captured in these wonderful...
Bread Machine Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread
Let your bread machine mix and bake a spicy quick bread! What a great aroma!