BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
30 min Prep
45 min Total
Bake these classic biscuits using Gold Medal® all-purpose flour – the perfect accompaniment to your meal made ready in 45 minutes!
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, if desired
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl (dough will be soft and sticky).
- On lightly floured surface, gently roll dough in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits about 1 inch apart for crusty sides, touching for soft sides.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter Blossoms (Cookie Exchange Quantity)
Watch for smiles and plenty of hugs when you pass a tray of favorite chocolate and peanut...
Butter, whipping cream and flour are the magic trio that creates dough that bakes into...
Gold Medal™ Classic Dinner Rolls
Depend on a tested and trusted recipe when you need a classic bread for dinner.