15 min Prep
1 hr 45 min Total
Got really ripe bananas? Here's a favorite and delicious way to use them.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with shortening. In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, bananas, oil and eggs with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Spread in pan.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar with spoon, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread cooled bars with Cream Cheese Frosting. For bars, cut into 6 row by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- You can tightly cover unfrosted or frosted banana bars and freeze up to 2 months.
You May Also Like
Sticky Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings
Add something spicy to your family's Asian cuisine night! Serve chicken wings made using...
This classic gingerbread cookie is one of our favorites. The combination of ginger,...
Beef Rib Roast with Yorkshire Pudding
Here’s a show-stopping dinner you can serve at your next holiday. This beef roast only...