10 min Prep
30 min Total
Two great fruit tastes in one delicious scratch muffin!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (1 medium)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and well drained) blueberries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cup or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, oil, banana and egg in large bowl with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients except blueberries just until flour is moistened. Fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be almost full). Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.
- Mix ingredients just until the flour is moistened; overstirring can cause little “mountain peaks” to form on your otherwise nicely rounded muffin tops.
- Bananas too ripe to eat? Don’t discard them. Mash, measure and freeze them in 1/2-cup portions in plastic freezer bags. After thawing, you’re ready to make these delicious muffins anytime.
You May Also Like
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Who says basic has to be bland? Every slice of Classic Pumpkin Pie is bursting with the...
Raspberry Pistachio Thumbprints
Here's a must-have holiday cookie that's a great addition to any dessert buffet.