15 min Prep
3 hr 30 min Total
Bananas and berries bake into a moist and delicious quick bread.
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of one 9x5-inch or two 8x4-inch loaf pans with shortening.
- In large bowl, stir sugar, butter, eggs, bananas and buttermilk until mixed. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 9-inch pan about 1 hour 15 minutes, 8-inch pans 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- No buttermilk? Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar and enough milk to make 1/2 cup. Let stand a few minutes.
You May Also Like
Classic Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Enjoy this nutty chocolate and pecan bar made with Gold Medal® all-purpose flour – a...
Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
The ultimate in decadence: chocolate cupcakes topped with sweet caramel buttercream with...
Cranberry Crumb Bars
Celebrate the season with cranberry bars! They're super easy to make and can be cut into...