25 min Prep
1 hr 20 min Total
A recipe with soul, this cobbler won the grand prize in the “Betty Crocker Recipes from the Soul” recipe contest!
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries (do not use blueberries)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms. Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread in ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden. Serve warm with cream.
- Use half raspberries and half blackberries for a fun flavor combination.
- Mix batter as gently as possible, and you’ll be rewarded with a tender and moist cobbler!
You May Also Like
Bring a tempting aroma and goodness into your kitchen with hard-to-pass classic...
Fluffy Strawberry Pie
Fresh strawberries, a touch of lime, real whipped cream and a pastry crust. What’s not to...