CAFÉ COFFEE COOKIES
25 min Prep
1 hr 10 min Total
Coffee lovers, here's a sweet way to get your java. Super-size cookies offer super-size satisfaction.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag (11.5 or 12 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules or instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat granulated and brown sugars, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until creamy. Stir in flour, 1 tablespoon coffee granules, the baking soda and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set. Cool 4 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, dissolve 1/2 teaspoon coffee granules in water. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle cooled cookies with Coffee Drizzle.
- Sprinkle cookies with additional chopped pecans just after drizzling.
- Allow Coffee Drizzle to set before storing cookies. Store cookies between layers of waxed paper, plastic wrap or foil.
You May Also Like
Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies
Just seven ingredients mix and bake up for a melt-in-your-mouth cookie jar favorite.