35 min Prep
35 min Total
Savor a classic Italian chicken dish made with a classic dry Italian wine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine or Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- Hot cooked pasta, if desired
- Between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness. In shallow dish, mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, mushrooms and parsley in oil 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown. Add wine. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve with pasta.
- Marsala is an amber-colored wine from Sicily, with a flavor similar to, but richer than, sherry. Marsala can be dry or sweet. Dry marsala is used for savory dishes, and sweet marsala is used mainly in desserts.
You May Also Like
Lemon Chiffon Cake
Taste a recipe classic! Feeling nostalgic is a natural side effect of enjoying each...
Cherry-Almond Refrigerator Cookies
Looking for a tasty holiday dessert? Then check out these cherry-almond cookies that can...