CHOCOLATE-DIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
25 min Prep
1 hr 30 min Total
Party time! Rich and buttery cookies are dipped for an extra treat.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened.)
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
- Skip the chocolate dip and enjoy these buttery cookies plain.
You May Also Like
Bring a tempting aroma and goodness into your kitchen with hard-to-pass classic...
Classic Spritz Cookies
These delicate, crisp cookies have a rich, buttery flavor that’ll keep you coming back...
Dutch Baby Pancake with Berry Topping
Pancakes for four without griddle gridlock? Impress family and friends with a puffy oven...