CHOCOLATE MALT ICE-CREAM CAKE
20 min Prep
6 hr 55 min Total
Here's a cake that's a party just waiting to happen!
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 cups malted milk ball candies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- Additional malted milk ball candies, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 9x3 or 10x2 3/4 inches, with shortening; lightly flour. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until well blended. Immediately pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread 1 cup fudge topping over cake; freeze about 1 hour or until topping is firm. In large bowl, mix ice cream and coarsely chopped candies; spread over cake. Freeze about 4 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove side of pan; place cake on serving plate. Top with whipped cream. Melt 1/4 cup fudge topping; drizzle over whipped cream. Garnish with additional candies.
- Use an indulgent chocolate ice cream for double the chocolate pleasure.
You May Also Like
New England Pot Roast
This pot roast goes from a dinner favorite to a dinner must-have thanks to the...
Honey-Baked Sriracha Chicken Wings
To keep these sticky wings mellow, we used apricot jam, honey and a squeeze of fresh...
Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Share this kitchen-tested recipe from the Betty Crocker™ Kitchens with someone you love.