CHRISTMAS FRUIT DROP COOKIES
20 min Prep
2 hr 40 min Total
Why wait for the holidays to make a chewy, fruit- and nut-packed homemade cookie? They're delicious.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups candied cherries, cut in half
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Pecan halves, if desired
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, buttermilk and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until blended, or mix with spoon. Gradually stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in cherries, dates and chopped pecans. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease cookie sheet. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Place a pecan half on each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar plus enough milk to make 1/2 cup to use for the buttermilk.
- Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. If it's too firm, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
You May Also Like
Soft Molasses Cookies
Mmm! Bite into classic soft, melt-in-your-mouth molasses cookies for a yummy bit of...
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fill your cookie jar with a classic drop cookie that's doubly satisfying. Chocolate...