COCONUT CHERRY BARS
15 min Prep
1 hr 15 min Total
Take a break from chocolate and make these cheery cherry bars.
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour, the butter and powdered sugar with spoon until flour is moistened. Press mixture in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread over baked layer.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 5 rows.
- Cut the bars into mini squares for a dessert buffet.
You May Also Like
Cornmeal muffins have a slight sweet taste that's enhanced with whole kernel corn....
Flaky Apple Turnovers
Homemade puff pastry with cinnamon apple filling -- you’ve got fresh, buttery, flaky...