CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADA SKILLET
40 min Prep
40 min Total
When dinner is easy to make, easy to clean up and crazy good, too, we consider it a win-win-win. This single-skillet meal is sure to become a go-to for busy nights that still need a tasty home-cooked dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely diced, if desired
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Lime wedges
- In 12-inch skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add yellow onion and serrano chile. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened. Add flour and taco seasoning mix; continue to cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Beat in broth with whisk; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream; beat with whisk until fully incorporated. Stir in chicken, green chiles and tortillas. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through. Sprinkle cheese over top. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and red onion; serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Serrano chiles tend to be on the hot side, so if you prefer a milder version of the enchiladas, feel free to leave out.
- Sliced green onions or sliced ripe olives make a nice substitution for the cilantro garnish.
You May Also Like
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Enjoy this wonderful homemade pumpkin and chocolate bread made with Gold Medal®...
Peanut Butter Chip Cookies (White Whole Wheat Flour)
Double peanut butter deliciousness! Creamy peanut butter and peanut butter chips make...
Smothered Chicken and Gravy
Here's a real southern specialty. Just add some warm-from-the-oven biscuits and smother...