10 min Prep
30 min Total
Cornmeal muffins have a slight sweet taste that's enhanced with whole kernel corn. Delicious!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (7 oz) whole kernel corn, drained, or 1 cup frozen (thawed) whole kernel corn
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 8 regular-size muffin cups with shortening, or line with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat milk, oil and egg with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except corn just until flour is moistened. Fold in corn. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
- For tender, light muffins, stir the batter just until the flour is moistened.
- Any leftover muffins are great the next day. Just be sure to store tightly covered.
You May Also Like
Bring back memories of Grandma's kitchen with this traditional custard pie in a homemade...
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter--nature's best flavor combo-come together in this classic...
Luscious Lemon Squares
Everyone loves homemade lemon squares! These refreshing sweet and lightly tart lemon...