FRESH BLUEBERRY COBBLER
25 min Prep
55 min Total
Yum! Kids of all ages will join in the fun of making and eating this down-to-earth dessert.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole; keep blueberry mixture hot in oven.
- Mix flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot blueberry mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream.
- Prepare this classic fruit cobbler with 4 cups sliced peaches in place of the blueberries, and add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Or use half blueberries and half peaches for a yummy combination!
- This dessert is delicious with fresh berries! Don’t be tempted to use frozen blueberries for this recipe—they can become mushy when cooked.
You May Also Like
Peanut Butter Cookies
Packed with great peanut butter taste, these Betty's Best peanut butter cookies are sure...
Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie Crinkles
Sugar cookie crinkles? Oh yes we did. Two of our favorite Christmas cookies come together...
Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Fill your cookie jar with these spicy pumpkin drop cookies that are both tasty and...