GIANT POLKA DOT COOKIES
15 min Prep
50 min Total
Appeal to kids of all ages with super-size and super-yummy cookies chock-full of colorful M&M's™ chocolate candies.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups M&M's™ chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in candies.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Unbaked cookie dough can be frozen in an airtight container up to 9 months. Before baking, thaw frozen dough in the fridge at least 8 hours.
- A trick for making drop cookies the same size and shape: Use a spring-handled cookie or ice-cream scoop. A #16 scoop holds 1/4 cup dough.
You May Also Like
Old-Fashioned Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Bite into good old-fashioned homemade goodness with classic oatmeal cookies. You'll find...
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Dotted with chocolate chips, pumpkin bread is almost like a delightful dessert!
Fresh Blueberry Cobbler
Yum! Kids of all ages will join in the fun of making and eating this down-to-earth...